Thursday, March 26, 2009

Fun times with Family

Yesterday, my parents came by and pick the girls and myself up to take us shopping with them. What an experience. Taylor is getting too big for her carseat, so instead of leaving her in it, my dad took her out to carry her. When in the store, she was getting a little fussy, so I decided to carry her, while Abigail and Joanna were riding in the cart. When I would walk to far from the cart, Joanna let me know. She reached her arms out for me to carry her. I then strapped Taylor in the cart, and carried Joanna....not a good idea with my bad back. I put her down to walk, but that only lasted but for so long. All the girls started to get a little cranky since it was getting closer to lunch time, but my parents were nowhere near done shopping. My dad thought it would be a good idea to get them cookies....but what he didn't realize is that you cant SHOW them that until after you pay for them....the result.....more crying. I could just feel all the eyes of the other shoppers glaring at me, while my parents just laughed. I don't know why I put myself in these situations. I know its impossible to take all three girls out in public, but I thought with my parents there, that it would be OK. I was wrong. I couldn't wait to get out of there and get back home. We were right by Ians office, so I had my parents just drop us off there.Once we were back and had lunch, I felt like we were getting back on schedule. Unfortunately, the girls were still off and not very cooperative. I found myself looking at the clock every 5 minutes wishing it was 2 o'clock....nap time. Around 1pm Uncle Alex called and asked if he could come over and play with the girls... I wanted to say "no", but agreed knowing the girls would be happy to see him.... it was just what we all needed. I got a small break while they had tons of fun. (check out the video at the bottom of post) When Alex left, I put the girls down for a late nap and started to prepare dinner.

Today, I woke up to my hair being tugged on and the sounds of giggling . When Ian left for work, he had placed Taylor in the bed next to me. When I turned to see her, she gave me the biggest smile. I loved it. I have to admit, waking up before Abigail and Joanna, I felt more prepared for the day. Unfortunately, there is no way I am getting out of bed before 8am again. I'M EXHAUSTED. Ive been yawning ALL DAY. The package Ive been waiting for came in today.... A friend told me about this really cool website where you can buy and sell stuff handmade. I checked it out and found some really great items...Ive posted some photos of the girls sporting their new accessories.

After lunch, the girls and I found our Easter decorations. We strung the plastic eggs and headed to decorate the little tree outside our front door. It was raining, but I promised them we would go outside, so I grabbed the umbrella before going out. They had so much fun. I thought for sure they would fight, or not like the fact that it was raining, but to my amazement, they didn't. They were smiling and giggling the whole time... Who would have thought a small activity like that would be so much fun. When Ian came home from work, we packed everyone in the van and headed to Walmart to buy their Easter baskets and some things for the house. It actually went better than I thought. Both Abigail and Joanna walked around the store, and for the most part, listened to Ian and I. It wasn't until we neared the end of our list that they started getting cranky.....hunger was setting in. I feel bad when we don't get a chance to take the girls out of the house often, but then when we are out, and they start to get cranky, I wonder why I put myself through the stress. Is there ever going to be a time when we can take them out without them fussing or making a scene? And why is it that when Abigail turned 3 she no longer just cries when she doesn't get what she wants, but now has tantrums. She throwing herself to the floor kicking and screaming. Joanna LOVES the word "NO". Everything you ask her, she replies with a "NO" and then she looks at you like "what are you going to do about it?" They know just when to act up. Most of the time, its when I cant do anything, like when I'm nursing Taylor, or my back is bothering me. Cant wait until Taylor joins in on the fun. She usually falls asleep during the car ride. I need to start enforcing the rules, and not let the girls get away with so much. Maybe then I can take them out in public, and not have to worry about tantrums....Well, I can hear both Abigail and Joanna upstairs crying, so Ive got to go....a mothers job never ends..




(Waterfalls with Uncle Alex)

No comments:

Post a Comment