Friday, March 6, 2009

Park Days Return

So it was 67 degrees today. We turned off our furnace and opened the windows...love the smell of fresh air (until the neighbors go outside to have a cigarette). Joanna woke up this morning like a ray of sunshine. Full of smiles and giving tons of hugs. I made her pancakes, which she devoured. We then went upstairs to take care of Taylor, who was happy to see her big sister. When Abigail woke up around 9am, Joanna and I went to say "good morning". Abigail was so happy. She gave Joanna a big hug and then held her hand as we went downstairs to make Abigail's breakfast. We normally have breakfast together, but yesterday Abigail went with my parents to the pizza shop, so she was more tired than usual. Anyway, Abigail pulled a kitchen chair over to the stove and climbed on to have a view of what was cooking. "PANCAKES!!!" she said very enthusiastically. She even told me when I needed to flip them..."mommy, the bubbles.....flip it, flip it"

After Joanna had her morning nap, I started lunch. Soup and salad are great for days like this. Then when Ian went back to work, the girls wanting to go outside. I quickly got them dressed and ready to go for a walk around the neighborhood. We made a pit stop at the local park, where Abigail and Joanna had a blast going down the slide. Last summer, Abigail was afraid to go down the slide, but this year, she went down like a champ, and had a huge grin on her face. Joanna was a little nervous, but watching her big sister do it, she got the courage to go down...she LOVED it. "more.....more" she said, as she climbed the stairs to the top (which were too big for her to hurdle, but she was determined). They were not to happy when we had to start the walk back, so I told them we would go the LONG way home. We went out on the back porch for a little just to calm down before sending them up to bed.

As I am typing this I can still hear them giggling and talking to each other (an hour later). Cant wait until I can separate them. Although, I wonder if putting Joanna and Taylor in the same room will be a good idea. Well, I can smell that our dinner is almost ready, so "Until Next Time".

No comments:

Post a Comment