Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Meet me at the park

Yesterday when the girls woke up from their nap, they wanted to go for a walk. I told them I had to do a few things around the house, then we would go before daddy got home. I bundled them up loaded the stroller. The park that is here in our plan doesn't have baby swings and is quite small. Even smaller now that they are building more townhouses next to it. I decided to take them to the community park that was a little farther away, but worth it. Abigail held onto the stroller while I pushed Taylor and Joanna. While we crossed the street, Abigail said "MOMMY, WE GOT TO HURRY, LOOK, A CAR" the car was about half a mile away. Better safe than sorry, so we ran the rest of the way across the street. We called daddy to let him know we were going to the park, because he was leaving the office to come home very soon. Abigail called him on the phone and said "Daddy, meet me at the park, with the baby swings" this way he knew which park we were talking about. As we neared the park, Abigail saw it and got all excited, and even though Joanna had no idea what Abigail was excited about, she got excited too. When she finally saw the park, she wanted out of the stroller right away. She ran straight for the slide. It was cute watching her run to the steps, slide down the slide, and then repeat multiple times. Abigail enjoyed swinging on the baby swing to keep Taylor company. She wanted to go "higher" and "higher". Taylor enjoyed the swing as well. She would giggle every time she swung closer to me. She had all the other mothers at the park giggling with her high squeals of happiness. It started to get a little chilly, so I decided to pack them up and head back home. Abigail wanted to hold my hand, so I had a difficult time maneuvering the stroller. As we headed down the hill, Abigail saw daddy coming to meet us, and she took off running after him. Daddy outreached his arms and caught her. He lifted her up, and they twirled in circles in the middle of the street. Joanna wanted to dance too, as she reached for Ian to pick her us as well. They are all daddy's little girls. We walked back home to enjoy dinner, give baths, then bedtime. The evening went so smoothly, I almost didn't want it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment