Monday, May 18, 2009

Lots happening.

Well, my apt with the neurosurgeon did not go as I thought... it seemed as though the doctor just wanted to get me out of the office as quickly as possible. But, Good news is that I don't need surgery yet and he says that getting the Vax-D and staying under Upper Cervical care should help out. He prescribed 4 different meds to take for the pain and inflammation to take everyday, but I think I'm only going to take them on bad days (I made it this long without meds, why start now?)

Ive been a little stressed lately because the Ellwood City house did not work for out for us, and when we called the Lyndora house to say we would take it, the landlord decided he didn't want to rent from us, because he assumed we were going to take it and then when we told him we were still looking, he got mad. But, it was actually good, because now I am going to be working with Ian in his office and having a place closer would be so much better than having a 30 minute drive to work each day....especially when we will be bringing the girls with us. The past few days, Ive been searching online for houses, town homes, and even apt for rent within a 20min drive to the office. This weekend, Ian and I went to SO many of them to check them out. I was very disappointed in what we were seeing, and was ready to give up. We had one more place to go see, and it was one that we did a drive by last month, but it looked run down, so I didn't want to check it out...well, we went inside and I fell in LOVE... its one of those houses that are built into the ground to save on heat and a/c, so it doesn't look so great on the outside..there is a garden so it has potential if I can clean it up....the inside is great! when you first walk in there is a Kitchen, dining room and family room all in one big area. When you walk up about 6 steps, there is another family room with a large porch. There is also a bathroom and small bedroom or office off the room. When you walk up another 6 steps, there is 2 bedrooms connected with a small balcony and then down the hall, there is a very nice laundry room, large bathroom with double sinks, and the master bedroom. Since the house was built into the ground, there are no windows except on one side of the house, but there are skylights in almost every room. I really wished we would have checked it out last month, that way i wouldn't have been so stressed lately. Now its time to pack everything and get ready to move in 2 weeks...

Our garage sale went well. We made about $75. I'm super happy because we were just going to get rid of everything, so making $75 is GREAT. We closed the garage a little early on Saturday so that we could go around and check out everyone else's sales...we got a grill for $15 and a few other things for the girls.

Everyone is still sick. It seems as though we just cant get rid of this cold. Poor Taylor seems to have it the worst. She still has a bad cough and to top everything off, she is getting FOUR more teeth. She seems so miserable, but still cracks a smile here and there. she is such a little trooper.

Well, I have a ton to do today, so as always, UNTIL NEXT TIME.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad to hear you don't have to have surgery yet! What a blessing. And I am glad you found a place you can call home for a while. Let us know how the move goes!

    ReplyDelete